There are several reasons why you might require a valuation of an aircraft.
• Obtain a professional opinion of the present “fair market value” of an aircraft.
• Obtain a professional opinion of the value on an aircraft to be renovated or modified (Before the event).
• Obtain a professional opinion of the value of an aircraft as a prudent safeguard against excessive tax assessments, capital gains and other taxes.
• Verify damage claims resulting from fire, hail, windstorms, accidents and other disasters.
• Provide the basis for decision-making in the commitment of funds for aircraft acquisition.
• Provide persuasive, independent evidence of the condition of an aircraft.
• Assist a prospective purchaser in obtaining financing or insurance.
• Assist a financial institution in substantiating the nature and value of the aircraft as it relates to collateral.
• Assist a financial institution by supporting the loan portfolio for examination by the loan committee and/or bank examiner.
• Distinguish a seller’s aircraft from others that may be listed for sale at the same time. A Certified Aircraft Appraisal can reduce the time required to sell an aircraft by a significant amount.
In each case PlaneTorque Australia Pty Ltd is capable of carrying out a detailed and transparent valuation for you. Be it a corporate jet, a helicopter or your fleet of 50 flying school trainers.
- PTA’s valuation reports use as a guide the NAAA & USPAP reporting protocols.
- Get a detailed technical report before committing to purchase
- Get PTA’s considerable experience in this area working for you
- Allows your own staff to remain engaged in normal duties
- Extremely cost effective
PTA does not however claim any affiliation or accreditation to the NAAA or USPAP of USA.
Types of Valuations
- A Desktop Appraisal – Refer note 1
- A Certified Appraisal – Refer note 2 & 3
Note 1 – A “Desktop Appraisal” might also be somewhat unkindly called a “Quick & Dirty” appraisal. You provide the basic aircraft information, but we work with you to ensure adequate info is supplied. A “Fair Market Value” is then estimated. This type of assessment will not be acceptable to most government agencies or where you might be trying to settle a legal dispute or an accounting issue. Please contact us for a checklist.
Note 2 – A “Certified Appraisal” is really the only true way to determine an aircraft’s “Fair Market Value”. A visual inspection is carried out by PTA and a detailed condition report established. The log books are also subjected to an equally thorough review. Compliance against Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins is also established, if required – its highly recommended but can be an option. All this work is carried out as far as possible to pre-agreed mutually acceptable timeframe and cost. A detailed certified report is the deliverable. Never forget however that you will only ever get “An opinion”. Expert it might be, but perhaps in some cases more than one independant valuation is called for.
Note 3 – Now not everyone can afford airfares etc to get their pride and joy valued so I have developed a nifty way to address these client needs. I give them a detailed checklist of required data and photos. They collect those and send it to me. Within a few days and for a very low cost I will give a certified valuation based on the data supplied. Sort of like a “Desk top” valuation but with the log book data and aircraft photos next best thing to touching the metal. Please contact us for a checklist.